Saturday, May 28, 2011

An ENTERTAINING evening all around!

Tonight we came home from work and have had one of my most enjoyable evenings in quite a long time. It has been filled with laughter and spiritual moments as well as surprises!

I heard the music of a long-lost friend from freshman year in college, Caleb Blood.
I love his music because it is a mix of Regina Spector, Jack Johnson, Owl City, TJ McCloud, Katie Dellenbach, and Dillon Brown.
It has a lot of variety, catchy melodies, and charming words.

He's posted the entire tracks on youtube

NEXT...

I randomly ran into Owl City (Adam Young's) blog.
And I spent about 2 hours reading it.
He has a lot of charisma and is athletic -- he told an embarrassing football story that made us laugh out loud SO hard!


I found my favorite new poem:

I saw the autumn leaves peel up off the street, take wing on the balmy breeze and sweep you off your feet. You blushed as they scooped you up on sugar maple wings, to gaze down on the city below, ablaze with wondrous things.
Downy feathers kiss your face and flutter everywhere. Reality is a lovely place but I wouldn’t want to live there.
Weighed down by heavy lids and lunar lullabies, I knew you were wide awake because you smile with your eyes.
Downy feathers kiss your face and flutter everywhere. Reality is a lovely place but I wouldn’t want to live there.
From the green belt balcony, the wildfires look so pretty. Ponderosa canopy, I’d never leave if it were up to me. To the ruby redwood tree, and to the velvet climbing ivy: painted all mahogany, I’d never leave if it were up to me.
With a starry brush, paint the dusk venetian blue, because in the evening hush, you’ll never believe the view. And when the leaves return and their whisperings fill the night, they’ll freeze and burn where fire and ice collide.
Can you feel a silk embrace in the satin air? If we dissolve without a trace, will the real world even care? Downy feathers kiss your face and flutter everywhere. Reality is a lovely place but I wouldn’t want to live there.
The twilight deepens and the city is suddenly ablaze with shimmery enchantment. It’s getting dark but you’re still chasing rainbows and I’m rearranging lobby chairs on the hotel patio. Across the avenue, the garden carpet peels up and sweeps you off your feet, swinging you out over the edge of the veranda balcony, swirling and twirling you through the eventide. I look up and try not to smile because I rather admire you.
I guess I just want to say that if you ever need someone to keep you company, I’ll be right here.


I am so impressed in his willingness and eagerness to express his faith in his Savior Jesus Christ.
I really admire it.

I love his description of the world and how sometimes the ghosts in haunted houses silently long for daisies to spring up and the darkness to push away and how this is how he feels in the world; how he wants the Lord to be a part of his life and how he longs for his sins to be taken away.

I also love that he clings to everything uplifting and beautiful and harmonious.
He longs to express the music he hears in his head, just like Dillon does. That is such a gift; an unbelievable gift!

He has built up his fame and is using it to convert the world to Christ. Our favorite song of his is MY HOPE IS FOUND
He is deeply DEEPLY religious. "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ" describes him well. Sometimes -- ALWAYS -- I think the gospel should be more prominent in our lives. My Christian friends did a much better job of saying they received everything because of the Lord and voicing that to everyone they knew. I am inspired to be a better missionary when I read his blog.


THEN...
We ran into Adam Young (Owl City's) song for Taylor Swift and her song to him. And we of course had to investigate (Dan being Dan who checks facts and wants to get to the bottom of every story).

AND FINALLY!!!
The surprise!!!
A girl from my work, Allison, calls me about 11 pm. I hear loud noises and friends in the background and I knew she was partying. I expected her to ask me to come pick her up or something.
But she just says "Cutie, how's it going? No really, how's it going? Life is crazy..." and a few other indiscernible things that aren't too meaningful. And then hangs up.
SHE WAS TOTALLY DRUNK!
So, do I tease her about it on Monday at our meeting? I'm pretty darn sure she won't remember a thing from tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment