Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Best Week Ever -- Our Little Angel


So, 

Can I say this has felt like the best week ever!

Life has just seemed happy. SO happy. 

I think it's because I have this desire to be acceptable to Heavenly Father. 

And I see things working together for our good; often in the moment you don't recognize them working together for your good, but this time I do. 

One of those things...Dan has an interview with Bain tomorrow! Yep, Bain. Where Mitt Romney got his start; one of the biggest consulting firms. And it's for the Boston office. It is an incredibly competitive position (they don't even hire from BYU usually, just Harvard and Yale and Wharton etc.). How we would love to return there to Boston! 

Milah and I moved back to Provo today; Dan will join us in Hebegen, Montana at Yellowstone this Thursday. I get to welcome Eden to BYU tomorrow. I get to see my family for my birthday. Madison and Jerry get married Tuesday. And the renters here made my house spotless when I came back! It was so so happy to come back to our gorgeous, cheap, little house in Provo with our good friends. And best of all? They left me a beautiful lily and roses and snap dragons flower arrangement, not just cut flowers. It smells so so good! 

I realized this week the importance of going to my own ward for all three hours at church. That is what made our Boston experience so good; some of the interns traveled as a couple each weekend and went to a random ward. Dan and I had actually planned on doing that a lot more, but we didn't. We loved being in our ward and the saints helped me learn about being a great mother. The men helped Dan figure out he wants to be a consultant and helped him get his interview and prepare for it. 
Besides that we would have missed out, I saw how hard it was for the primary president to coordinate when most everyone was out of town at our Boston ward. I see how easy it is to come up with an excuse about how you don't agree with the teacher, or you aren't comfortable, or your baby needs you in the mother's room (and you don't turn on the speaker), or something that could keep you from truly feeling the spirit and becoming more converted (and sometimes even keeps you from going) to all three hours of church. But the Lord needs us there. He needs us to lift the saints, to be perceptive, and to learn from the spirit so we can help and serve those saints who need us. I testify that we will be blessed and that His light in us will increase as we fulfill our covenant -- to attend our church meetings --  that is a prerequisite to the blessings of the temple. 

Dan said he feels like he could learn from Milah about eternity. She knows a lot about Heavenly Father. I spent time playing with her tonight and she was giggling and room was a beautiful mix of cream and white with soft lighting (I love how both of our married bedrooms have been like that). Then I hummed "goodnight my angel" and rubbed her tummy. I felt such immense joy!

These words of scripture stuck out to me this week: 2 Ne 7:7-8. For the Lord God will help me, therefore shall I not be confounded. Therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed." That's what Dan will do in his interview tomorrow. Also, I thought of my missionaries -- Dillon and Eva :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment