Monday, January 14, 2013

The NON-Resolution

So last year, I made some new year's resolutions. 
Health was not one of them. In the back of my mind I thought "I want to learn about health, but I don't want it to take over my life or anything." I thought I should improve myself in other areas (e.g. spiritually) but I didn't want to make health a resolution. 
Well guess what I spent the last year studying about? All about health. 
How ironic!

My life has changed quite a bit; Dan and I consume pounds and pounds of fresh vegetation daily. Funny enough, the mindset isn't one of forcing myself towards health. If I want to be sweet to Danny, I take a Provo Bakery run and buy him a double chocolate cookie or something. Eating fruits and vegetables just tends to happen. I have come to crave nutrients. 

Some of our favorite recipes as of late: 
Today's lunch: 
Italian Salad: (serves 2+)
2 lbs campari tomatoes, quartered
1 green pepper, thinly sliced on the mandoline
1 yellow peper, thinly sliced on the mandoline
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced on the mandoline
1 cucumber, thinly sliced on the mandoline
15 kalamata olives
4-5 T or more fresh parsley
2 T or more fresh basil
1 T or more fresh oregano
2 tsp dried "Italian Herb" mix (optional)
1 1/2 T olive oil
juice from 2 lemons
salt and pepper to taste
Combine in a large bowl. 

This morning's juice: 
Root Juice: (serves 2)
1 beet including greens
2 carrots
1 cucumber, peeled
1 lemon, peeled
1 head romaine
1 apple, quartered
kale (optional)
1 bunch parsley
Put all through a juicer. This is the most beautiful purple color! 

Favorite juice: 
Simple Chlorophyll
1 bunch parsley
1 head romaine
1 head kale
1 lemon
1 apple 
Put all through a juicer. This is so beautiful and dark green!


No comments:

Post a Comment