Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Sure Way to Eliminate the Influence of Satan!

Okay, so I have been reading Elder Scott's conference talk. I can't believe the power of our ancestors on the other side. When we do their work I know they look over us ("Help is given in both directions"). I have felt the fulfillment of the promise of "a sure way to eliminate the influence of the adversary in [my] life." For me it is bad dreams which plague me -- things I have never known, seen, or experienced that haunt me. I know those whose names I have indexed have helped me have the spirit with me this week; it is a noticeable difference.
I think it is so interesting that he communicated with Jeanine who helped him decide what to talk about "The JOY of Redeeming the Dead." I think she is watching from the other side and understands the importance of connecting our ancestors. Do we realize that the blessings we have today are because of our ancestors who have gone before? What blessings that you have are because of your ancestors?
Then he asks us personally "But what about you? Have you prayed about your own ancestors' work? Set aside those things in your life that don't really matter. Decide to do something that will have eternal consequences."It seems that I have not yet embraced this opportunity to find joy. He promises "It will make you feel wonderful" and "... any work you do in the temple is time well spent, but receiving ordinances vicariously for one of your own ancestors will make the time in the temple more sacred, and even greater blessings will be received. "
He leaves us with the promise "Begin now. I promise you that the Lord will help you find a way. And it will make you feel wonderful." If you do not feel wonderful today, please try indexing. It makes you feel great because you have some quick measurable progress -- last week I set a goal to do 50 names and ran into some easy ones so I did 112! This gives a great feeling achievement when the rest of the day you do things that will have to be re-done, cooking, cleaning etc. But it is so much more than the numbers -- those names are real people! They are waiting for their work to be done so they can be personally saved and reunited with their families again. How eternally grateful they will be to you that you took the first step. If you do not feel important index someone's name. You are saving souls. I testify they will be with you, you will have the Holy Ghost with you. "You will feel wonderful!"

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this Alyssa! This is something I have been thinking about and your testimony hit the spot for me. I so love you girl! You are such a light.

    ReplyDelete